2009年6月21日日曜日

Life is getting easier.

Life is getting easier and easier.
Troublesome things in life are being got rid of.

Once upon a time,
I hated checking messages on my home phone out of
payphone to see if I might get a last minute gig offer
as I worried about running out of quarters in my wallet.

Cell phone !

I hated transposing keys for sax players.
I hated coping parts.

Finale !

I hated looking at maps and giving directions to a driver.

GPS!

What an invention!

I drove to Rochester to play for vibraphonist Joe Baione group
the other day and thanks to the GPS I recently bought
I could get there without getting lost.
This machine also shows the restaurant or gas station on the map
where you're driving so the chance is getting slim that my car stops to run
due to no gas in the tank or I starved to death on the way.


I think there's a business chance here.
Think about things that is troublesome in your life.
Then figure out to solve it. Make some device for it.


I am thinking if I could add more functions to the GPS
like it actually drives my car for 6 hours for me
or it begs my band leader to get the airplane ticket instead of 6 hours driving
to Rochester. (No offence , Joe......)

Photo: Joe Baione group at Rochester Jazz Festival, June 18th ,2009
Joe- vib, Marco-bass, Brian-drums , myself -piano